Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ode to my crock pot

There she is... isn't she a beauty?!  We got her as a shower gift-- going on 11 years.  Her knob came off last year, but I think it adds character to her look.  I think I should name her -- since she and I have such a trusting relationship!  Any thoughts on what her name should be?

This past week I made at least 2 crock pot meals-- that I can remember, since the days are kind of a blur lately.

I know I made this first one because I took pictures to prove it!
Ever get those pre-marinaded pork loins?  YUM!  Usually I make them in the oven, but this week I decided to throw it in the crock pot instead.
Here is the one I bought...

I put it in the crock pot with about 1/4 cup of water.  I put my crock pot on "auto" (which is the same as a low setting on other crock pots) for about 6 hours.  Took it out and made some brown rice to go with it.  I'd like to say there was a delicious and healthy vegetable too, but my kids don't like most veggies and sometimes it's easier to not fight at the table.  ;-/    Anyway-- another easy dinner for mid-week craziness! 

The 2nd crock pot meal was chicken drumsticks with Lawyers Balsamic marinade.  I threw them in and let them cook on high for about 4.5 hours.  They were also coupled with brown rice.  :-)

See, the convenience of my crock pot (Shelby, for her name keeps popping in my head) has made me post 2 meals in 1 post!  :-)

Enjoy!

~ Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment