Saturday, February 4, 2012

French Toast-- without the eggs :-)

Who doesn't love french toast?  I loooove french toast, and was really sad when I thought it would be impossible to make for my son--since one of the main ingredients is egg and he's allergic to egg.  I experimented a few times with using only soy milk.  I tried dipping the bread in just milk.  It didn't matter how quickly I dipped, it was always too soggy --which caused it to burn the outside and not cook the inside--yuck.  Then I tried using a pastry brush to brush on the soy milk and that is what worked!  So here you go-- it's pretty easy, but here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

Dairy free butter, MB french toast bread, soy milk and a pastry brush

Here are a couple of close ups of the bread and ingredients.  I am always psyched when I find a new option for Noah.  We use this bread for french toast and also regular toast.  It's YUMMY!

Here it is cooking :-)
Can't you just smell it?  hmmmmmmmmmm

And side by side can you tell which was made with egg (I made another batch of "regular" french toast for my daughter and hubby) and which was not?


A little powdered sugar for presentation. :-)
~ Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment