Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shake it up! Tofutti Style!

It's been a while since I have posted a product or recipe.  So today I'll post both :-)

We LOVE Tofutti products in this house!  Their ice cream is reasonable in price and both kids really love it!  I can also find it easily at my local Market Basket Grocery Store--always a plus for this busy, working Mom-- one stop grocery shopping is huge!  Recently, I discovered a new Tofutti product-- these pre-made ice-cream cones!  Here's a pic of the box...
 Close up of the ingredients...
And 2 very happy kiddos enjoying them:



So why is this post named "Shake it up" you ask...well, because last week, I made shakes or frappes, or whatever you choose to call them.  Icecream + milk blended = 2 VERY happy children!  So Noah is 9 years old.  We have known about his allergies for almost 9 years and for some reason, JUST this past month I made shakes for the first time!  Not quite sure what took me so long!  But here is the "recipe" I used.  I really just eye-balled the ingredients so I'm guess here...

I have a hand blender, but you can use a regular blender if you have one:

ingredients:
1.5 cups milk free ice cream (whatever flavor you choose) I used tofutti vanilla
about 3/4 cup of soy milk (I used sunrich vanilla)

directions:
blend the 2 ingredients until you get the consistency you desire-- thick enough to still resemble ice cream, but  thin enough to suck through a straw...we like ours a little lumpy :-)  Add soy milk and/or ice cream as needed.
pour into cups, add straws and serve immediately

variations I want to try:
chocolate ice cream and vanilla soy milk
vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce and soy milk
frozen berries with vanilla ice cream and soy milk
...the possibilities are endless and summer is just beginning! :-)

Enjoy!


~ Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment