Monday, June 4, 2012

I feel like chicken tonight!

Do you cook a lot of chicken?  Sometimes I feel like that is all we eat: chicken wings, thighs and don't forget the breast... chicken nuggets, chicken oven roasters... it goes on and on... do you ever get "chickened out?"

Sometimes I dream of being a vegetarian, but truth be told, I don't like enough vegetables to survive and I do like a good juicy steak once in a while... and of course, chicken!  HA!  We actually had been eating burgers and dogs lately so tonight's meal is going to be .... come on... can't you guess?  CHICKEN!  We are having thighs and breast today, because that is what I had on hand.

When I have to work at night (which is Mon-Thurs) I usually put meals in my crock pot so I can just forget about it... don't have to worry about heating up the kitchen.  But today it's raining and cool and raw-- nice June weather in New England (can you feel the sarcasm oozing out here?)-- so I decided to just bake it.  I used some left over Newman's marinade (about half a bottle) and didn't actually marinade it because I'm not that organized.

Here is my "recipe"

ingredients:
1 package of chicken thighs
2 chicken breast
1/2 bottle of Newmans Sesame Ginger marinade

directions:
preheat oven to 350
place the thighs and breast in a baking dish
pour marinade over the chicken, cover and bake for about 45 minutes or so

I will have hubby serve with brown rice (from the pouch)

My computer is not behaving nicely or I would add a couple of pictures here of the marinade and the ingredients.


~ Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment