Monday, January 9, 2012

Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread

Okay, so Pillsbury has become one of our favorite products.  There are so many options and variations you can make with their doughs (and no I don't receive a paycheck from Pillsbury).  There are quite a few of their products that do not list dairy, egg or nut in them.  SOME of the them DO list the ole, "manufactured on..." or "may contain."  Husband and I made the decision a long time ago to try certain products with these disclaimers in efforts to try to expand our son's variety of foods.  Pillsbury has been okay for us, but of course, that doesn't mean it will be for everyone.  With that in mind, here's a new recipe that SMELLS delish when in the oven!  Perfect for winter!  I JUST made this for my kids for an after school treat.

I lifted this recipe from the Pillsbury website and modified slightly to suite our needs.

I took their Grands dinner rolls but we MUST use the "Golden Layers" one.  The regular one has whey.  The package looks like this.


And here is a shot of the ingredients.  We have NOT had a problem with milk.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup regular sugar
3.5 teas cinnamon
1/3 cup non-dairy butter (I used flieshmans unsalted margarine)
1 can of the rolls

Directions:
Pre-heat oven at 375

It calls for a non-dark loaf pan, but I used a dark because that's all I had, grease it.  (I used baking Pam spray)

Melt the butter in a shallow bowl in the microwave
Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in another shallow bowl
Cut the rolls into quarters

Dip the quartered rolls in the butter and then into the sugar/cinnamon mixture to coat
Place each piece in the pan after you have coated in the cinnamon/sugar.


Here is what it will look like just before it goes in the oven

Bake for about 25 minutes and it comes out like this...


I can't wait for the kids to get home to try it out!  I will report on their responses!  :-)


~ Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment