Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Frozen Foods for Busy Households...

I don't think that I mentioned that I am not a stay at home mom.  I have always worked at least part-time and more recently I picked up significant hours.  I'm in education and work about 32 hours at a local community college.  My job is 2nd shift.  Hubby works 1st shift.  I do school drop off, he does pick up.  We don't see much of each other M-Th, but we have avoided daycare this way.  On Tuesdays & Thursdays I head into work earlier in the afternoon and my mom (thank goodness for her) comes to watch the baby until Hubby gets home.  It really does take a village to raise a family.  :-)  Anywho...today is Tuesday and I have to leave early and didn't have much time in the morning to prep something fresh.  So... frozen it is for this busy house... there are a LOT of frozen food items out there that aren't too bad for you.  There are also a LOT that have many allergens, but we have found a handful we like.  Here's a standard in our house:


These are not the most nutritious things, but the 2 older kids will eat them and the are fast! :-)  For our fries, we will have these:


YUM!

Nothing wrong with Frozen foods once in a while! :-)

** A quick report on the pull apart cinnamon bread-- the kids LOVED it (hubby and I are avoiding carbs to shed some holiday lbs or we would have enjoyed some too)!!  It is just about all gone, so I'd say it's a success and I'm sure will be come a regular treat for us!

~ Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment